Sunday, July 31, 2011

Report for this week

Well this week was a busy one because of Girls Camp. I wasn't due up to Girls Camp until Tuesday so I got up Monday morning and did my run which was 3.35 I think. At a better pace than I previously ran 3 miles too. Then that same day I did the work out group. Tuesday I left for Girls Camp and I think just being up there is good exercise because you have to set up stuff and walk everywhere because there is so much to do. Wednesday I walked through the meadow for a while to prepare a compass exercise and then had to do it twice with two different groups of girls. Thursday was the actual hike. It was so hard!! It was hard last year but this year I was carrying 30 extra lbs up the mountain. I was glad when I finished though. The total of the hike is almost 8 miles and in the heat of the afternoon it felt like 20. I've been told that hiking burns more calories because you are trying twice as hard because of the thin air. Since I have been back I have been reading some articles on hiking and apparently it's extremely good for you. It can do many good things for your body physically and mentally. Its been known to lessen depression. I think I need to do more hiking. Now I just need to find a hiking buddy.

No comments: