Wednesday, July 6, 2011

The running has begun!

I went to the stadium today and ran 3 laps which is 3/4 of a mile. Kind of sad when I think that last year I was running over 4 miles. However, I need to not think about that and just focus on now. My very good friend Trish was with me to push me that last lap. It was tough because it was already 82 degrees at 6 in the morning. So we ran 3/4 of a mile and walked 1 and 1/4 mile then we did the stadium stairs for about 10 minutes. That was even more tough. My legs now feel like jelly but I came home and had a healthy breakfast which I am going to track on Spark People. Lets hope this is the beginning of something beautiful.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Way to go Mrs. Schmalison!!

What a great accomplishment! You know, I think real soon last year won't be so disappointing because you will be doing better than before and you'll feel even better...because it's now, and now is always better than previously :] (I felt a little reminiscent of Spaceballs right there...)

I use sparkpeople as well, love their community. I started out there in 2006 when I weighed 275 lbs! I even got down at one time to 170, so I know exactly what you mean about disappointment. If you want another buddy on the site! Hit me up! I'm still there, plugging in my calories and my exercise daily!