Friday, August 13, 2010

A few failures and a triumph

I have been trying new recipes for a while but I hit a slump with some bad ones. They were really bland and needed something added to them. I plan on trying them again before I put them up. But tonight was a good one.It is called South Pacific Shrimp and you can find the recipe here. The only thing I did differently is instead of peppers I added some japanese hot sauce and still tasted very good. It actually reminded me of a meal that my sister brought back from Thailand for me. All the seasoning was packaged and all I had to do was buy coconut milk and chicken and some eggplant. We put it over rice, I prefer brown rice but we didnt have enough so we put it over white rice. Very good.

2 comments:

Ashley C said...

I love shrimp. I think I will try this recipe. I just looked over the Eating Well site and it looks like a great resource! I don't cook meals very often because I feel like nothing is healthy enough. But you've just changed my mind. I guess I just need to look in the right places to find healthy ideas.

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Some sites say they are healthy when obviously they are not. But there are some great resources out there. I like Self magazine too. Their site has some food ideas.