Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Dear Journal

I like putting my thoughts on here because its better than just bottling them up inside and eventually quitting and regressing. I ran over 2.5 miles yesterday and 2.4 today. Thats actually what I was going for. I know that I can do over 3 miles but I haven't gotten up early enough to get out there and do it. Just as long as its over two miles, I'm okay. I've been exercising an hour and forty minutes to two hours which feels really good.
My diet this week has been better, I've been eating mostly veggies and fruit. I can already feel my body changing and its starting to feel a little bit like it did last summer. I kind of wish I had a scale to document it all. I could just go off measurements until we can get a scale.
Today while I ate lunch and fed my daughter lunch I watched extreme makeover weight loss edition. I love that show. I think it helps to push me because I am not as heavy as those people and look at all they can do! I should be able to push myself because I know I'm strong and I know I can accomplish this goal. So my goal is....(cue drumroll) I want to lose 50 lbs by my birthday November 16th. I will be 30 this year and as difficult as turning thirty will be, it will be excruciating if I'm 30 and looking the way I do. I want to be hot! I want to go shopping and actually enjoy it!
I've decided that a gym membership would be helpful. On the days I can't get out of the house without the kids, I can go to the gym and put them in the child care area and just have at it! I think my husband would benefit from it too. As soon as rafting is over, there will go all his exercise. I want him to have that option to exercise and I think he will. He's not one to waste something. So I'm feeling good, and as difficult as it is to push myself in the morning to get up and run, not walk, its so worth it and I need to remember how good I feel when I'm done. I need to imagine how good it will feel when I put on those dresses I bought last year when I lost the weight and they are too big!

4 comments:

Carla said...

You ARE hot! Like seriously hot. If you never lost any weight, you would still be smokin' hot. But, I totally hear you on the shopping and actually being able to enjoy it. Plus, I think it's shows our appreciation for our bodies when we take care of them. (Something I totally need to start doing!!)

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Thank you Carla! Come exercise with us on Monday's and Wednesdays. Its hard but it feels so good when we're done!

Anonymous said...

I've only seen those tiny photos on the right side of the screen but my goodness you look amazing!!

I used to love Extreme Makeover, and always thought if only...now I realize I would never want anyone to just put me under a knife and alter me in a way that I didn't get to experience it! Way to go on getting your distance up!

PS..I can't wait to shop in the LOWER double digits. I think these 18s are driving me insane!

Good luck and I adore your blog I follow yours the most along with the 344lb site :]

Mrs. Schmalison said...

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am back into 18s. I gained about 30lbs since that picture was taken last year. I stopped running and it all went down hill from there. I can't believe I let myself undo so much hard work. I love that you follow my blog, I think it makes me want to try harder knowing someone is paying so much attention to what I write.