Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Slowest progress ever

So I keep jumping back and forth between the same 2 lbs. I hate it. I feel like my body has just stopped losing weight but I still feel good. My running has stopped because the kids are out of school and I hate running early morning outside because it scares me a little. I heard of some ladies that were attacked on a bike path and that makes me nervous. I had a weird weekend because I was at girls camp and I couldn't exercise and eating well was tough but I think I did pretty good. Tonight I noticed my back hurting a little and my sciatica acting up a bit but as I was thinking about it, I haven't had back problems for a while. I can only imagine how nice it will be when I lose more weight.

So this plateau these past couple weeks has me a little frustrated. I know that my body still feels thinner but the scale is making me mad. So I did a little research. I found this at Builtlean.com and it had some really good info:
So this made me feel better and now I'm going to keep watching the scale a little less and focus on my eating more and making sure I exercise more often and with more intensity.  I started doing a Zumba class every other week at church and I love it, because honestly I love to shake it.

I also forgot to say that I missed my race. I know. Suck. I got sick that week and then we drove to pick up the swag for it and I got excited and I decided to just go for it anyway. Well Saturday morning we woke up and Patrick had my fever and the same symptoms. So we decided it wouldn't have been a great idea to take him out there and sit in the heat while I run for 45 minutes. I definitely want to do another race and follow through but of course I need to figure out this running thing. I ran around the block tonight and it was hot but not bad. That might need to be what I do for a while until the kids are back in school and I the weather cools down a bit.

1 comment:

Carla said...

I have plateaued lately too. And we're right around the same weight... it stinks. I'm pretty sure if I just increase my calories I'll break through it but we'll see... ><