Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I have changed my goal

I originally had my goal as 150 lbs but I am thinking that I would like to go for a little more. I am starting a competition with my Dad and brother Ben to hopefully get to our goal weights by the end of this year. The winner gets a weekend with their spouse in San Francisco. I want that. I also want something else but it wont come in the form of a vacation get away or a new wardrobe (although that would be nice), mine and Jesús' 10 year reunions are this year. His is in October and so that is my goal date. I want to look good for mine too but mostly I want him to have a hot wife on his arm. My new goal is to get to 140. I can do it, I've gotten this far. That means I have 36 lbs to go. There is plenty of time I just have to take every minute to remember what I want most. My weakness? Macaroni and cheese. When I ever I make it for the kids I have to taste it to make sure its stirred enough and then again to see if its too hot. Whatever is left after they are done, I finish it off, even when I have already had my lunch. I told my self today that I would not even taste it. I found myself scarfing it down out of habit! I have to stop. I have to. I worked out yesterday, and the kids just went down for a nap so I might go try and get in a workout now. That will make two days in a row. I will picture myself in a beautiful J Crew dress that I want badly and hopefully that will inspire me.

2 comments:

Ashley C said...

You can do it! I'm excited to see your progress over the next few months.

Matti said...

You can totally do it. I think one of the things that helped me lose weight after my first baby was having a plan and sticking to it.

I wrote out my workout plan for the week. I have an assortment of workout videos, and I like to run. So my plan looked something like this.

Mon: Firm it up
Tue: Plyometrics
Wed:

I think having your workouts planned in advance gives you more power to complete them. You don't have to sit and think, "I should work out..but what do I feel like doing...video? Run?" You already have it planned and you just do it. When it's done check it off your list.

Then, on Sunday you look at your workout list and give yourself a score out of 10 pts. Consider how much effort you put in when doing your workout as well. And then next week strive to do better.

I also did this with my food. I think counting calories helps. You don't have to count every single one, but I think it's a good idea to have a general idea of how many you have been eating. Especially if you have a tendancy to snack on your kiddos snacks. I have this problem to...and before I know it I've packed on 5 lbs. and I didn't see it coming. So, at the end of the day...look at your list of food and decide what you will do better tomorrow. Maybe it's NO GRANOLA bars. Mabybe it's just 1. My problem is trying not to eat 4 bowls of cereal in 1 day.

But, for me I feel like this helps me take control over my diet and exercise, and make consciencous efforts to improve each day.

I think I have probably shared this with you before...so I'm sorry for repeating myself if i have.

You are doing awesome and on the right track. I just wanted to share with you what helps me. You are doing great!